Thursday 13 June 2013

Views from my windows and an invitation to a competition

What I love a lot about this time of year is having my bedroom window shrouded in foliage, allowing open curtains even when getting dressed!
This fabulous plant is beside the now-named pearl of rain catcher. Elizabeth- can you help me with this week's mystery flower?
 View from its window. Including scooter. Don't know where they've put the space-hopper...
Deliberately including the prosaic sight of recycling bins, so that you can gauge the rainfall- welcome to Irish Summer Time.
Now. Can you spot the difference? It's a significant one... Mum's end of the table is e.m.p.t.y. Free from marking!
And indeed the holidays began immediately afterwards, with Queen Niqi arriving magically with a Toblerone reward- many thanks!  The postman had already delivered my present to myself. So normal service is being resumed- three projects on display here. The fabulous cobweb scarf belongs to Niqi. The seaweed and beginnings of a Book Bag for Boys will be appearing shortly in a fraise near you!

Tomorrow, however, will be competition time. Do call by! In honour of holidays there will be strawberries and cream...

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello dear Mags, thanks for the book reviews. think I might order The House for Margaret..yay.
Can't say I've ever seen Pom Pom wearing green : 0 but I bet she's good at marching through the countryside!
You mystery bush...if I may say so...is a rock rose or cistrus. Amazing papery flowers. They usually love dry hot conditions!!
Much love Catherine x0x0x

Elizabethd said...

Mags, it's a Cistus. They grow wild all over Portugal and look stunning. They do come in other colours as well. They are of the Rockrose family.

Jane and Chris said...

You finished marking and remembered to post your view. I'm impressed. I seriously thought you'd be gibbering ,curled in a ball under the table,with a tub of ice cream and a spoon.
Jane x

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...