Monday 16 February 2015

Not very Valentine views

 I think I get worse and worse at getting things done, but here are some views from last week! This tree does display signs of Spring with lots of buds. I have lots of time to observe its progress as it lives outside our piano teacher's front door and I spend enough time every week waiting for two of her pupils! This was Wednesday.
 This was Thursday and is a view from my school. Our Prince's Trust group was planting hanging baskets, and it was actually a really good activity for kids of their attention/ability. I thought I'd get a picture before they are taken outside to do battle with the weather and the footballs.
And this was Thursday back at the Meadowplace. We are starting to see some hope of Spring finally. Not least in the sheer fact that this photo was taken not long before five o'clock in the evening and look at how dark it isn't yet. Prince Charming has spent much of the weekend out there digging through the weeds. Sandra, our snow was completely gone in a day.

Badger must be feeling some stirrings of new energy too, because he decided to leave the Burrow and find out what the noise was all about. Some new friends he approved of...
And others he did not.
Not sure what he made of his climbing session, but I am sure that he is not finding this a very hygge home. His arrival has really made me think about this new place of ours. It just doesn't have quite the cosy feel that you would want over these winter months and that is something I need to address for our second winter here!
The one room I find myself nestling into is the Book Room. We can use it now because Prince Charming has moved all the unopened-because-unopenable boxes to the spare room. It is quite hygge, I think, especially when the fire, right of picture is lit. (Just don't anyone else come to stay for a while!)
So Badger has been reading. I'm not sure what he made of Valentine's but I did notice that shortly afterwards he moved himself across to the books on DIY and gardening. It's good to see someone using them.

He will be journeying onwards to Betty's Wild Wood soon. We're going to take him on one last Irish adventure tomorrow as its our half-term, and then off to England for him. Do let Pom Pom or me know if you'd still like to host him- his world tour is filling up nicely.


8 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

lovely to see some green and spring flowers.......all we have is snow......

Pom Pom said...

Oh, it's so nice to see Mr. Badger at your house! I think your home is very hygge! I knew he was a good climber and of course he wanted to rest among the books. Be sure to scribble intensely in the book before you send it to Betty!
Onward to Easter! Will you Pause?

Lisa Richards said...

There's nothing so cozy as a Book Room! I'm sure Mr. Badger is enjoying himself immensely. He's rather reserved, so it may not show. I'm looking forward to doing my own scribbling in that book! And seeing what everyone else has done. ;)

Jane and Chris said...

Had to have a crash course in Danish to figure out 'hygge'...but I got there.
Jane x

M.K. said...

Badger is adorable and huggable :) But don't tell him I said so! And look at him, playing soccer ... er ... football :) I'm proud of him, branching out so! Dear Mags, you sound weary of winter, and I don't fault you for it. I long for the smell of spring and grass and the clatter of birds overhead. And walks. It's coming.

gretchenjoanna said...

Oh, here he is still - or was, still. Now he is traveling again, and I must try harder to keep up now. I'm not surprised that he was found reading at your house - and any room with books *and* a fireplace sounds just right.

Pom Pom said...

Waiting for your Pause, busy mama. Love you!

Elderberry-Rob said...

No sign of Badger yet - just checking! Hope he's safely on his way. Betty

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...