Tuesday 5 May 2015

Momentous mantra for May

I know I'm contravening someone's copyright somewhere, but I took this from farcebook so maybe that will be acceptable? This fabulously talented woman and bloggiste shared it last week and I find it eminently sensible. So I am adopting it as my mantra for this month, which you already know is making feel me feel more than slightly uneasy. So many months passing by. So little achieved!

I'm not sure that I'll manage to pray for twenty minutes twice a day. I am quite sure that there will be no thirty minute exercise session every day. For TV I should read farcebook- now that my Lenten successes are long gone. The rest, however, I could most gainfully employ.

We did have lots of time in nature today and it was lovely. We went to Springhill in County Tyrone. (Goodness, I think its Tyrone..) So many daffodils and bluebells. So much imaginative use of wood in the new adventure playground! Then Mattman and I sat outside on the back step for a while tonight. End-of-year school exams in two weeks and he's feeling the pressure. It's all very hard when you're twelve. I struggle at nearly four times that!

So from the strawberries in the meadow- we wish you all a May week of fresh air and juicy fruit xx



9 comments:

Fat Dormouse said...

And - I think- there should be an important addition to this mantra: Don't beat yourself up if you don't manage to do it all every day. Just one thing is a success!

Lisa Richards said...

Poor Mattman. School can be hard on a kid. I wish you success on your new resolutions! :)

M.K. said...

Bless his heart -- exams! Ugh. I hate that kids have to struggle through those, simply because they'r supposed to be learning. I know testing as assessment is necessary (I guess), but I do wish there were a less painful way!
You know, we each make tiny little steps, every year or two, toward a better sense of wellness -- physical or emotional. About a year ago, I gave up drinking sodas. That was a good choice. It wasn't too hard, and I know my body is vastly better for it. We can't do ALL those things listed by the doctor :) , but we could do one or two. And that's helpful too.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Yes, I need a doctor like that! good advice and a great mantra.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Shucking the satt t.v. subscription was one of the best gifts I've ever given myself. It didn't take long for that void to be filled...DVD's, books, quilting, etc. Tucking Mattman into prayer for the pressure to ease, for exams to be successfully finished and summer to be full of all good.

Gill - That British Woman said...

my mantra, do as much as you are capable of doing!! Tell Mattman good luck from me as well.

Gumbo Lily said...

I wish doctors would adopt that as a "first course" of treatment. I wish you well.

gretchenjoanna said...

So little achieved? Who are you talking about??! You are supporting a small army there.

Kezzie said...

That is a wise piece of advice and I think we'd ALL be a lot happier following it! Good luck to Mattman. Your walk sounds beautiful!x

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...